How to find secure student storage in NYC
For a student, life plans can be rather unpredictable. Will you have a job this season? Will your dorm be near the school? Are you required to move? Will you have to find secure student storage in NYC? And what will you do with all your items until you do? The perfect solution lies in securing yourself with the best student storage NYC has to offer. This is very easy to do, and we’re here to show you how to do it, and what to keep in mind. With our help, you will alleviate a lot of stress, and your college experience will be even better.
Why it is important to find secure student storage in NYC
There are multiple reasons why you can benefit from renting a storage unit as a student. Some of these benefits are a matter of convenience, while most are very important for your daily organization and lifestyle. With a good storage unit, you can solve problems such as:
- Frequent trips back home. Going home for the summer is always a long-awaited moment for all students. It is a great and much-needed reprieve after long semesters. But if your home is far away, you could be in trouble. Instead of packing everything up and shipping it, simply rent pick up storage units, and you’ll be good to go. This way you’ll save money, and your items will be safe until school starts.
- Temporary internship. It might not be worth moving all of your belongings to a new place if your internship is short and close by. It is far more effective to function out of a few suitcases, than to move everything back and forth.
- Studying abroad. Similar to internships, this is limited by time, and you will certainly come back for the next semester. If you find secure student storage in NYC, you can travel in peace without worrying about the safety of your items.
- Living in a small apartment. Packing many items into as few boxes as possible is the staple of college housing. You might move from an apartment into a tiny dorm room and find yourself lacking space. If you can’t find room for your mini-fridge or collectible cards, you can safely put them away in a storage unit.
How to find a storage unit that perfectly fits your needs
Before you can enjoy the amazing benefits a storage unit can provide you with, you first have to find one, of course. For this task, you have two methods at your disposal. One is word of mouth, which implies asking your friends, family, or classmates if they have previous experience or recommendations for a good storage Manhattan. The other, more extensive and detailed, is an online search. Find a list of storage facilities in your area that match your needs, and compare them. Once you’ve made your pick, contact the company via phone or email. Usually, a storage facility will let you make a reservation a month in advance. Once you go over the rental contract with the company, you are given a specific move-in date, when you can start moving your belongings to the unit. Make sure to carefully read the contract and ask if something isn’t perfectly clear.
The important difference between full-service storage and self-storage
Once you find a storage facility that meets your needs and price range, you need to figure out what kind of service you want. The two most common types of storage are full-service storage and self-storage. In most cases, students go for self-storage units. These are much easier to use and are very affordable since customers can come and take their items whenever they wish. So, if you have access to a vehicle, or don’t plan on storing many items, then we highly recommend self-storage. However, if you’re living in an urban area and don’t have a vehicle, consider a full-service storage unit. This is a very convenient service as it includes item delivery and other utilities such as moving bin rental NYC. If you don’t have the time or means to frequently tend to your unit, then full-service storage is the option for you.
Different storing needs require different storage sizes
When it comes to finding the perfect student storage, there is one aspect that should always be considered. This is, of course, the size, since dimensions are one of the factors which affect the price. This is especially important for students, as you don’t want to pay for space you aren’t using. Because of this, you need to find secure student storage in NYC which perfectly fits your inventory. In most cases, a 5×5 or a 5×10 unit is more than enough for an average student. However, these unit sizes are in high demand and get rented the fastest during spring. The most common unit sizes and their storage capabilities are as follows:
- 5×5 – Roughly the size of a small walk-in closet. Usually used for storing small furniture, clothes, and a few boxes.
- 5×10 – The size of a large walk-in closet. Perfect for mattresses, furniture, and small appliances
- 10×10 – About as big as a small bedroom – This unit can fit the contents of a whole one-bedroom apartment. Ideal for students that frequently relocate.
- 10×15 – The size of a small garage – Can easily hold the furnishings and appliances of a two-bedroom flat.
After you find secure student storage in NYC, consider getting an insurance package
The whole purpose of placing your belongings in storage is to ensure their safety until you need them again. However, once you find secure student storage in NYC, you need to ensure the maximum safety of everything it contains. This will give you full peace of mind, but also protect you in case some of your items are damaged or stolen while in storage. Simplify Storage takes the security of your items very seriously and offers 24/7 surveillance of all of its units. But if you want to be extra careful, you can always sign an insurance contract. Some storage facilities offer this service for free, while others offer insurance packages at very affordable rates. Before you insure your items, however, make sure to check with your insurance agency if you have an existing policy. If you do, your items will already be covered by your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance.
How It Works
Reach out to Simplify Valet Storage & Moving
Contact us directly or get a free, non-obligatory moving and/or storage (with pick up and delivery).
Simplify your packing process
Use our quality bins and supplies to pack your possessions on your own terms or let our packers handle the job for you.
Let us pick up and safely transport your belongings
We’ll provide trucks and professional movers NYC to carefully move all your items to our storage facility or the location you’re moving to.
Get your belongings back whenever you need them
Keep track of your items through our online customer app and get them back at your doorstep.